Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Great Thanksgiving...

If I were to write a list of everything I was thankful for, it would be infinite. I love this time of year. It's a great time set aside to be able to reflect and appreciate everything we have been blessed with in life. A couple years ago I was home on break with all my family at Thanksgiving, and I found this scripture. It has become my official Thanksgiving time scripture.

Alma 26: 35-37

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all apower, ball wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a cmerciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is aboasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a bbranch of the tree of Israel, and has been clost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, dwanderers in a strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is amindful of every bpeople, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

There are so many things we should be grateful for in this life, but especially we need to be grateful for and remember our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They watch over and bless us daily with numerous wonderful things. We need to remember that he knows each one of us and is mindful of our needs. (I really need reminding of this a lot of the time.) He understands EVERYTHING and we have reason to rejoice in him and be grateful.

I have especially been grateful in this last year as far as my career and schooling goes. I have managed a 3.8 gpa the last two semesters, I have been blessed with a wonderful job on campus, I had a spectacular internship this last summer where I made tons of friends and learned a lot, I was able to go to NYC and visit companies and make contacts, and I am currently up for an internship position back there with the LDS Public Affairs office. (Lets pray I get it.) These honestly, are small compared to everything else I and my family have been blessed with this last year. As I said before and I'll say again... big changes are to come. Come what may and love it. Be grateful. He know's what's best and everything will turn out how it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment