Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just Walk Away...


Yesterday in class we talked about the different ways that we manage conflict. I was in the avoiders group. My reasoning for being an avoider most of the time is that most argument's aren't worth the breath. For example - over the break we had family pictures taken. And me and my mom were not happy about how they turned out for various reasons. We kept talking about what went wrong and why we thought they didn't do a good job at all. Well, my sister Jenny was right there and I said something in particular and she just snapped at me and bit my head off about it. I said, "Fine, I'll just shut up." And then got up and left. It wasn't worth the argument. I was still mad about it, but it wasn't worth the breath to make it into a huge fight. Sometimes it just best to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment