Saturday, November 6, 2010

Constant Change

Me and my sibling February 2002

This is going to be a long post...

This last week's topic in class was about relationships. We focused a lot in class about romantic relationships, but I remember reading in the chapter about adapting to inevitable changes in relationships. The strongest relationship that I have and will always have is that with my family. I love them so dearly and can't imagine not being able to talk to them every week. But the fact is, we have gone through a lot of changes these past few years, and this next year... even more. I was talking to my brother Riley the other day about this and everything that is going to happen. So lets list them...

1. This next year is my dad's last year for running our apple and cherry orchards. He is retiring.
2. My parents are putting their house and shop up for sale. Within a year I will no longer be able to sleep in the room I have ever since I was a baby.
3. After living and working in Las Vegas for 7 years, my brother Riley will be moving his family to the Ogden, Utah area because they are investing in and managing a Kneaders sandwich shop.
3. My brother Tyson is also looking into the Kneaders sandwich shop and if this happens for him it will bring his little family out of the desolation they experienced a couple years ago. (Losing his job and relocating to Utah within a month)
4. Me and Riley suspect there will be two new babies coming into our family within the next year - My sister Jenny and her husband and Tyson and his wife.
5. I will be moving to NYC next summer if all goes well next week. Headed on a new adventure that no one in my family has ever attempted before.

Relationships are in constant change and as you can see there will be a lot of things changing this next year. It will be an emotional time especially since my dad is selling our fruit farm after 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment