Thursday, November 18, 2010

A change in the wind...


It's been an interesting morning. And I don't know quite how to take it. While at work today I got an email from LDS Public Affairs located in Manhattan, NY requesting my availability for a phone interview tomorrow. TALK ABOUT BLIND SIGHTED!!!!!! All I did was drop off a resume when we visited there last week. I was so completely shocked. My parents have told me before that they would help me go to NYC for an internship if it was paid.... this one is unpaid. But if I were offered all the internships in NYC and money wasn't an issue, I would pick LDS Public Affairs. So, it just so happened that my parents would be coming up on campus 30 minutes after this "change in the wind." I went and sat them down and talked it out with them. I don't know the details for sure, but I think this interview is for an internship starting in January. So I made my argument. I would defer from school this next semester and use the money I would have used for tuition to live in NYC for 3 months (if i get the internship). I would then come back and work for Canfield the next summer and earn money for the next school year. My parents approved. I have an interview with LDS Public Affairs tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment