Wednesday, September 29, 2010

20 minute Observation and 5 New People

Bannack, Montana

So today on my way to Bannack, Montana, I rode in a van with 6 people who were in my class, but none of whom I had ever talked to before. So technically this should be considered a first impression. I basically just listened in the car and for the first little bit to gather first impressions of people. So heres what I thought...

Person #1... very helpful, friendly and nice. Seemed genuinely interested to get to know everyone in the car.

Person #2... same as the first person.

Person #3... a little self absorbed. Talked about wedding registry for 10 minutes.

Person #4... Loud and slightly obnoxious. Complains a lot about past teachers and classes she had been in.

Person #5... Not as abnoxious as Person #4, but more of a follower of them.

Person #6... Very quiet. Just tended to listen to the conversation.

It was very interesting and a great learning experience to sit and listen to these people. After I got past these first impressions, I learned a lot more about these people and a bit of their background. Knowing something more about someone can drastically change a perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment