Sunday, October 10, 2010

Making the good count


For the spiritual part of this portfolio, I've been doing journal entries for this part of the portfolio in a separate journal. For me, my relationship with Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father is a very private and personal thing. But I did want to write a little bit of my thoughts on this.

In my life, I've had my own fair share of struggles. Sometimes it seems like more than. But I've also had many many triumphs. And I think no matter what happens in life, we should make the good count for more than the bad, no matter what. (Just a side note, I am surely not always this positive... It's just a good day.)

For me it doesn't matter any more that I didn't go to prom in high school, or that I was talked about behind my back a lot, or even that I really haven't dated that much here at college. It all still hurts, I just try to not let myself get hung up on this. What matters most is that I have a wonderful family, that I get to attend this University, I have parent's that support me in what I do, I get to go to New York City in 29 days, I have the fullness of the gospel in my life, and I have a Savior and Heavenly Father who love me, who are looking out for me, and who want me to succeed.

The truth is, I have everything going for me, and I owe it all to Him. He asks me to do simple things like reading scriptures, saying prayers, serving others, and in turn he gives me great joy. I have faith in Him and want to do what is right. I still struggle every day, and I think I always will. But life isn't about focusing on the bad things, it's about stringing all the little things together and making them count for more than the bad. I pray so hard every day for happiness in my life, and he dearly blesses me with more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment